There’s just something about naan. Why is it so dang delicious?! The bread of India can easily be argued as the best part of the meal and is one of the most popular Indian foods enjoyed around the world. Here are nine reasons why:
- It’s warm. The hotter the naan, the fresher it is.
- It’s gooey. Which is definitely the best texture for doughy bread.
- It’s versatile. The oven-baked flatbread goes far beyond dough and butter. There are many different ways to prepare naan, and we have plenty of options on our menu! Naan can be stuffed or topped with cheese, raisins, cherries, onions, spinach, meat, mashed potatoes, peas and more. It can be made whole wheat, deep fried, or plain. Have it your way!
- It’s filling. You definitely won’t be hungry after eating a meal with naan, or even on its own.
- It’s perfect for dipping. Indian cuisine is all about mixing and dipping, and naan is the perfect tool to soak up delicious sauces, curries, and those last few flavors on your plate.
- It makes great leftovers. Naan can be enjoyed cold, re-heated in the microwave or toaster, and alongside your other leftovers in the refrigerator.
- It’s for everyone. Whether you’re an adventurous or picky eater, naan caters to every type of diner. Kids love it, too!
- It’s authentic. Naan is a cultural staple in Indian cuisine. It is traditionally cooked in a clay tandoor oven, as with many other meats and dishes.
- It’s delicious. This bubbly flatbread just tastes oh so good! Between the cooking technique, the preparation, and the fixings, naan is one of those foods you just can’t resist.
Come give the bread of India a try at India Gate Restaurant!